If you got free meals at school or college last academic year you can continue while in further education. 

You must be: 

  • 16-18  
  • 19 if continuing on a course of study you started while 16-18  
  • 19-23 years old with an EHCP  
  • enrolled on an applicable accredited course(s). 

You will need to provide proof of one of the following eligible benefits: 

  • Income Support 
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance 
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) 
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 
  • The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) 
  • Universal Credit with net earnings not exceeding the equivalent of £7,400 pa (after tax and not including any benefits you get)  

The allowance is £3.50 per day for the days you are timetabled to attend college, and this allowance can be redeemed at the canteen of the site you are studying at. You can buy whatever you like with the entitlement, but the college hopes that you will select a healthy choice. If you want to spend more than £3.50 on food and drink, you can pay the extra on top of your entitlement. The entitlement is only for the day in question and cannot be transferred, refunded, or saved up. 

This entitlement will be removed if: 

  • Your attendance is below 90 percent at any given time 
  • You subsequently abandon or do not complete the programme of learning. 
  • Your conduct or behaviour is in breach of College rules and regulations.  

Applications open on 1st August 2024: Bursary Applications – Morley College London

For further advice and