If you’re over 18 years old and want to take a Higher Education course with us, you may be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. 

There are higher education tuition fee loans available for HNC’s, HND’s, BA’s and BA Top Ups. 

Take a look at our eligible courses

The Tuition fee Loan is operated by the government and can help cover the cost of your tuition fees on a Higher Education course. The loan doesn’t become repayable until you start earning over the income threshold. More information on repayments below.

For full information on the Tuition Fee Loan, visit the government’s information page: gov.uk website.  

You may also be apply to apply for financial support at the same time as your loan.  You can apply for a maintenance loan to help cover the costs of living while studying.  If you are studying on a Part-Time Higher Education Course, HNC / HND, you are not entitled to a maintenance loan.

You can also apply for

  • Disabled Students’ Allowance
  • Childcare Grant
  • Parents’ Learning Allowance
  • Adult Dependants’ Grant

If you require Learning Support on your course, you will need to apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) at the same times as your loan to fund this.  The Additional Learning Support Team at the college can help with this application and please contact then at learningsupport@morleycollege.ac.uk for more details.


Repayments start the April after you complete or withdraw from your course. You pay back your loan (plus interest) when you finish your course and earn more than the income threshold.

For more information on repayments visit the gov.uk website

Independent Advice 

Students are strongly advised to seek independent advice before taking out any kind of loan. The Money Helper website is a free initiative, set up by the government, which will provide impartial advice on all money matters, so you can be sure you’ve made the right choice. Visit https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en for more information.